Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some of us are on a roll....

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Sunday July 19, 2009
.
.
Yes indeed, some of us are on a roll and some of us are not. The main thing that is on a roll in these parts right now is the weather. Seems like the good weather just keeps on coming. If you know anything about us Vancouver types you should know that we are constantly complaining about the weather. But, not this year. Seems like all Spring, and now into the Summer, it is non-stop beautiful weather - and it is getting warmer all of the time too. And, there are a few well-needed days of rain mixed in between to keep all the plants and animals healthy. I am sure the strawberry growers out in the Valley must of had a good year as well. So, the weather really is on a roll and it is taking everybody with it - and keeping them happy and warm. Check out the traffic cams below and see how nice it is out.
.
.
Like my title says this morning: " Some of us are on a roll ". Well, I wish I could say that I was on a roll as it relates to the racetrack. But, the the roll is over friends and I have suffered back to back weekend losses. Now, it is not the end of the world of course because I just recently recovered all of my losses for the year. But, it is still discouraging nonetheless. Actually, I am experienced enough now to be able to spot when something is wrong fairly early on in the game. It is not the weather or a sloppy track that is going to hold you back from winning, but rather, it is the horses that are performing that should not be performing that are at the root of my problems. And, these horses tend to show up early on in the game as well. And, they keep showing up and ruining the system as well. I did not even win one single triactor last night and that was quite telling of course. I pulled the plug right after the feature race which was a million dollar race. That was race nine if I recall. I had the winner of course, but then so did everyone else. It was the next two horses that I was interested in as you can appreciate. Well, I did not win and the system failed me again. So, I left early and cut my losses. I figured that was the wisest thing to do under the circumstances. Just a few weeks of racing left so I hope I can have some good days and celebrate a bit.
.
I hope Karen is thinking about my latest marriage proposal as well. Wouldn't that be just awesome if she phoned out of the blue and said " I accept ". Wow. Just think how happy that would make me. Mr. and Mrs Carl Baydala. Can you imagine such a thing? Well, that is what the love gods are imagining so we might as well imagine right along with them so as not to upset them. I think that would be the best approach to take under the circumstances. Don't you agree?
.
Here is a very short video that I took last night after the races. I really have to try and find something to attach the camcorder to the dash or something because this is getting ridiculous. I did some searching on the web and there seems to be devices out there that I am looking for but I really do not know where to look exactly. So, check out my vid and have a nice day.
.