Monday, July 13, 2009

Golden Ears and maybe even golden fingers....


.
.
.

.
.
Click me and watch me sparkle
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Monday July 13, 2009
.
.
I guess it is the day before Bastille Day in France. But, there are much more important dates than that on my mind as you can probably guess. I though I'd put out another reminder to Karen that the Marriage Proposal is due on August 12 at midnight. And, we are quickly running out of time as you may appreciate. Just one month left and then this current proposal is history and destined for the trash bin. Another wasted effort if no positive results should be forthcoming. Too negative my friends? Thinking that she is not going to say yes, or Heaven forbid, not even get wind of this latest offer? Yes, dear friends there is every chance in the world that good old Karen may never even read this great offer to her. Great in the sense that I just don't go around asking girls to get married for something to do. I bet some guys do that. You know, just for kicks, going around asking any old girl if she wants to get married because that is the kind of person he is. Well, I am not that kind of person as I hope everyone is aware by now. I have only asked one girl to get married in my whole life and this is the very same girl that I am asking again. So, as you can see she must be pretty special for me to concentrate on this one human being. Anyway, I don't want to get too technical or involved here because this little piece is simply acting as a reminder for Karen that I am asking her to get married again. So, maybe she will get wind of this thing and think positively about it when she does. Link to marriage proposal below:
.
.
I have to go on a little mission this morning, but it won't take me too long to do and besides I am taking the car so hopefully the weather will not be all that bad. It turned rather cool and windy yesterday later on in the afternoon. I went for a spin and did some work and etc., but the point is that it was not all that sunny out at all. Oh, I forgot. I cannot remember if I told you guys that I got my transponder in the mail on Friday. Well, if I did not tell you then I'd better tell you now. So, I got my transponder in the mail on Friday. Hope everybody is happy for me. Well, even if you are not happy for me it really does not matter because I am happy for myself. It is an investment you know. Paying a toll to go over a brand new bridge would bother some people, but I can assure you that it does not bother me in the least. And, that is because this transponder is an investment for me. Not only do I get to travel over a spanking brand new bridge for basically peanuts ( just over two dollars one way ), but the bridge will save me time and make me even more money than before. So, thank you Golden Ears Bridge for being born.



.
So, let us hope that everyone gets to be a Golden Ears person and is able to experience this neat new bridge.

Here is that song again by Skeeter Davis. It is actually kind of a loser song you know, like Rubber Ball by Bobby Vee, but I don't care because the message is there and it is a happy song nonetheless. And, I only like happy songs, especially the ones from the sixties.
.

"I Can't Stay Mad At You" Skeeter Davis

1963