Saturday, July 11, 2009

All pumped up and ready to go....

.
.
.
.
Fraser Downs Racetrack
.
Cloverdale, B.C.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday July 11, 2009
.
.
.
.
As you can see dear friends I am all pumped up and ready for the track. From reading my prior posts you will recall that I am rejoicing in back to back weekend wins at the track. In fact, both winning sessions made me even for the year, so that is a pretty big deal as you may appreciate. Now, there are some inherent dangers that come with this kind of jubilation as you may or may not be aware. Gambling, generally speaking, is an addiction and can be very dangerous to your psychological and financial health. For example, if you are hooked on any kind of gambling, whether it be playing bingo or lotteries and even horse racing itself then you already know what the pitfalls are. When you win you want to win more because you have now become greedy. And, when you lose you might get extremely careless and lose even more money trying to recuperate your losses. That is just the nature of the human animal of course, that he wants to protect or advance his position in society at all costs. And gambling fits right in with the human animal and his greedy and protective ways. But, as a professional harness racing player I have learned how to overcome these risks to ' some degree. ' And, that is why I developed my system to attempt to keep myself in line. I stick to my knitting so to speak, and there is no sense in veering away from my established practices. I have already told you that I have strict betting guidelines for myself and I do not have to speculate wildly simply because my system will keep me honest and free from the inherent risks that come with gambling. So, that is why I stick to my system at all times. My system tells me how to proceed and to not go looking for that elusive longshot or combination of horses that will produce the huge payoffs for me. My system does the work; it is a mechanical system that works for me and requires no subjective thinking on my part. I do not have to second guess myself like many other players will do or listen to the touts or be influenced by the odds. For once you veer away from the system then you are putting yourself at greater risk. It is better I have found to stick with the system during the good and the bad times. And, that is because there are good days and there are bad days. You will simply not win or not even come close to winning on some days. So, why would you want to bet more or speculate wildly on these bad days? Just stick to your guns and bet the amounts that the system says that you should bet and the system and the racing gods themselves will take care of you when the time comes to make you a king or queen for a day.
.
Just another note here. I am taking my new Blackberry with me since I have discovered what an excellent all-around device this is. I can take videos with it and maybe there will be some special racetrack moment that will need to be captured and saved for my friends on the internet. And, just a reminder to Karen as well that you can e-mail me if you like should you decide to take advantage of my latest marriage proposal. There is one month remaining in this latest proposal. Marriage Proposal and Blackberry e-mail found right here:
.
.
.
.


And, here is my song of the day for you.
.
.
It is the Drifters again, just like in the Marriage Proposal.
.

.Up on the Roof, by the Drifters - 1963
.
.




.