Thursday, July 9, 2009

I am now a movie producer....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday July 9, 2009
.
.
It was amazingly slow at work yesterday so I had quite a bit of time on my hands as you may appreciate. It is not the end of the world of course since we had some pretty busy days last week. You can just see how erratic things are that is all. We got these new Blackberries at work just recently and I really did not know what the capabilities of my new equipment were. Our older model machines were quite good on their own as you might expect. Well, in addition to the features on the older version these newer ones have some pretty good media capabilities. It can take a good quality pic as well as a video. I didn't actually know how the machine worked until I started searching for the right buttons to make everything happen. And, like I said I had lots of time on my hands yesterday so that enabled me to figure out how these video features actually functioned.
.
I took one video while at work and I wondered if I could post it onto my blog. Well, luckily the port for the connection cable is the exact same type as my digital camera. So, all I had to do was to connect and well, Blogger did the rest when it came to time to uploading the video from the Blackberry. You can see my first attempt at being a producer of sorts by looking at yesterday's Dear Courier Diary entry. It is a video that I took at the end of the day down in White Rock.
.
And, when I got home I made another little video and uploaded that as well. I thought I would try and explain my Harness Racing Triactor System and detail the results from the Meadowlands Racetrack for last Saturday, July 4th. I won four triactors on that day so at least I had something to brag about. Just scroll down a bit once you get to the blog post below and you will be able to see the video capabilities of my new pager. This was my first attempt at a production so you can appreciate that is not totally professional. But, I hope to improve my methods as I post videos later on throughout my blog.
.
.
.
.
And, while we are the topic of racing of course, just a reminder that racing happens again on Saturday. That is racing at the Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey. Post time is 16:00 hrs local time. So, if you are popping into town and what to check things out you know where to find me. Hope to see some of my friends and acquaintances there some time.
.
Well, that is all for now friends.
.
Still lurking around 1969 in music land since I have not moved on in my life yet as per my personal history, that is. I am thinking of doing something on the carnival business or Simon Fraser University next as I chronicle my life for you. So, I hope that you are all looking forward to those posts when I get around to producing them.
.
Anyhow, here is the song of the day for you:
.
this girl is a woman now-
gary puckett and the union gap
.
1969
.