Monday, February 1, 2010

Some notes on sensitivity....


.
.






Good Morning Friends,

.
today is Monday February 1, 2010

.
I am actually in one of those philosophical moods this morning friends. I don't know what the cause of these things are, maybe it is just the kind of dreams I had the night before or even the type of food that I consumed. Who knows or cares anyway. All I can tell you is that my mind is working again, working on those things which interest me the most. And, I guess those things are philosophically-oriented. That is just the kind of person I am. I like to get to the bottom of things and try and figure things out, from a human perspective that is.

.Like this morning, I was thinking of some of my personal experiences with my friends. I was contemplating the self interested behavior that they generated while they were in my presence. I am certainly not going to name names or circumstances because that would not accomplish anything at all. I am not talking about any friends or acquaintances who harmed me either. No, not at all. I am just talking about aspects of behaviour that I would categorize as self directed behavior; indications of someone thinking or acting in their own self interest. Let me give you an example because I am not sure if you know what I am talking about at all. I remember one time I was with someone and they were commenting on how pleasant it would be to be with their lover and enjoying sex with them. Now, this was just a friend talking and let me assure you, it could be any number of my friends or acquaintances. But, it was only one in particular that made me think about what I am commenting about today. This act of self interest made me realize just how important this feature of the human being really is. People are interested in themselves and the pleasures that life can give to them. I am the same way of course so do not misinterpret me here. But, the point that I am driving at is how people express their self interest among others in their company. Others who might not be participating to the same degree in the same pleasures that they are commenting upon, at that moment in time. Some people do not realize the effect of their behavior on others in their company, that is what I am trying to say. I am thinking about sensitive behavior friends and how to conduct yourself among others who do not feel the same things that you are feeling at a moment in time. Now, it doesn't have to be sexual things for it could be any kind of pleasure or experience at all. It could simply be some aspect of life that someone in your company might not be able to experience for whatever reason, be it for some physical, social or cultural reason; they are disadvantaged is the point that I am trying to focus on.
.
So, the next time you are with a friend or acquaintance think about what you say to that person when you are experiencing a moment of self interest. If you have no clue whatsoever what I am trying to say here then I would categorize you as an insensitive person or one who lacks some kind of social conscience or even a basic human life skills education. I guess that is what I am really trying to say. So, please be aware that people have feelings and emotions and what you say or do in their presence can have great consequences whether you realize it or not. Be sensitive to those around you. Not everyone has the same experiences as you and some people, as I have I hinted above, are put to a disadvantage for any number of reasons and in any number of areas. I think even if you understand what I am saying here then you are well on your way to becoming a real thinking, sensitive human being. So, have a nice day and try to be nice to your fellow man if you can. They will appreciate your behavior let me assure you .
.
.
I love these little videos that I get in my mailbox almost everyday from Brasschecktv. Here is a very moving speech from a war veteran. He is clearly against war and what it means:
.