Sunday, February 7, 2010

A river retrieval....


.
.
.


.

Good Morning Friends,

.
today is Sunday February 7, 2010

.
Kind of a weird dream this morning. I was doing a job in the courier business I think it was and I was stopped to make a delivery. It was a small business near the Fraser River. ( Picture above is the Fraser River from Delta viewpoint looking east. ) It was summer time and the river was low. So low in fact that the river was just a trickle. But, for some reason before I could make the delivery I had to head down to the river and retrieve a couple of driver manifests which somehow had fallen down into the river. I made my way down the embankment of the river to retrieve these manifests. But, I could not reach them because they were situated way down in a rut and these ruts were so deep that I could not bend down far enough to grab them. So, I decided to go back up to the delivery location and try and get some help. I found a young lad who worked there and we found a pair of tongs so that we could reach down and grab the manifests. So, we went back down to the river together to get the manifests. By the time we got back down to the river the river had washed away the ruts and the manifests were completely accessible so I went down and grabbed them myself. I remember that the wind was throwing them about about but I was able to grab them before they flew into the river. The young lad who was with me was somewhat relieved that he did not have to do any dangerous work. I was feeling good that I had gotten this dangerous job completed on my own and that I did not need any help to get it done. I felt like the hero here and felt satisfied that it was actually me who did the retrieving even though I was thankful for the help and he tongs that we had actually found. But, like I said now the river bank was completely smooth and the river was bulging with water and it was flowing quickly and contained some big waves as well. So, what a complete turnaround as far as water level was concerned. There were even three or four people swimming in the river and really enjoying themselves. I commented to my younger companion that I too liked to swim about in the river in the summer even though the water could be quite cold. So, that is the end of the dream friends and another successful delivery after I recovered the manifests from the river bank.

.Did not make any money at the track yesterday and it was two losing days in a row. And, once again all I had to show for my efforts was one tiny triactor near the end. Oh well, maybe next weekend eh? You know, Olympics Weekend and all. But, anyhow the weather was perfectly fine and I got out and about with the car once again. Three days in a row with the top down. How do you like that eh? Well, I was pretty happy that is for sure. Maybe these horses will cooperate next weekend. Who knows anything nowadays anyhow? Certainly not me. Just enjoy life friends that is all anybody can do I guess. Not much else to report so thanks for reading and checking in. What do you think my dream means anyway? I mean, one instant there is no water in the river and the next thing you know it is flowing like a beauty. Weird eh?

.