Saturday, February 13, 2010

Winter Games and Racing Things....


.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Saturday February 13, 2010

.

Today is a racing day friends so I am all pumped up for that of course. It is also Day Two of the Olympics and that is also something to look forward to as well. So, there is all kinds of excitement for everyone, meaning you do not have to venture out very far at all to get your jollies today. I am sure you are all aware by now that tragedy struck the Games on opening day. A Georgian athlete was killed up at Whistler during training so that certainly put a negative tone on the Games. But, I am sure that the Games will continue in spite of this unfortunate event. Undoubtedly, the participants themselves will most likely want to continue on, if not just out of respect for one of their fallen comrades, so to speak. These Games are certainly being put to the test that is for sure. Lack of snow and this recent accident has definitely put us all on notice and made us aware of just how uncertain things can be, whether in the business of life or in the conduct of world wide games such as these. But, with everyone pulling together I am sure the Games will survive and be a success.

.

I got out and about yesterday and did a little drive around. Luckily, the rains were in a re-positioning format so to speak and my journeys were rain free during the whole period. From where I was positioned it looked like the local mountains were getting some snow. So, maybe they can hang on to their good fortunes and this added snow will aid the events that are taking place locally. For myself, today's excitement will be focused back East where they have lots of snow. New Jersey in particular is where my mind will be. The Meadowlands Racetrack cranks up at 1600 hrs local time friends so I hope to see you all out at the track if you are coming. This message for my friends and relatives of course. There is lots of snow back East like I said, but it looks like the track will be home free and snow free today and fast. Just like we would want it to be. I hope that I can file a positive racing report for you later on. So, thanks for checking in and have a nice day.

.