Friday, February 12, 2010

Go Canada Go!



.
.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Friday February 12, 2010

.

Do you know what today is friends? I bet some of you said it was the Friday after my birthday. Well, you would have been right of course, but no cigar. Today is the first day of the 2010 Winter Olympics here in Vancouver and surrounding areas - places like Whistler if you know what I mean. The picture above is me in my car cruising in Delta. Note the Canada guy on the baseball cap.

.

Now, there are some real challenges for the organizers as I suppose everyone has heard by now. I made note of these problems quite a while ago on these very pages when I was warning about the warming trend in the weather. Well, my predictions and suspicions did indeed come to pass. But, the Winter Olympics organizers being the kind of people they are most assuredly dealt with this threat. They did whatever they could to get some snow on the ground, by hook or by crook. So kudos to them for all of their herculean efforts. I am doing what I can on this end of course by praying to the snow gods. And, that is exactly what I am going to do once I finish my entry for today. Now, I know that I might have laughed in the face of the gods by driving around in my sports car with the top down last week ( four days actually ), but maybe they will overlook this slight detail and let it pass. Gods do have compassion you know in spite of their focuses, I mean. All gods are like that. You just have to appreciate them and know what kind of business they are in and then just let them go about their business - uninterrupted. And, that is precisely what I am going to do. So, let's all sit back and enjoy the games as they begin this very day.

.

Go Canada Go!

.

P.S. don't forget that tomorrow is a racing day at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. See you out there if you are coming. Post time is 1600 hrs local time.

.