Thursday, February 25, 2010

How a lefty thinks and operates....


.



.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday February 25, 2010
.
.
You know, it feels a bit like Friday friends, except I know it is not. I guess I just feel like it is Friday because I am in a better frame of mind, physically and mentally I mean. I think that says a lot for days like Friday though when you think about it.
.
Anyway, I just did a scan of most of the sites that I go to for my daily intake of information. Most of these are the so-called ' Progressive ' sites, but they are not all like that. I do take a peak at the National Post, for example, to see how the conservative and ' Right ' leaning minds are thinking as well. I still rely on my hard core leftist leaning sites though like Information Clearing House for my basic thoughts and information. I guess it kind of like the Dialectic in me that leads me back to sites like that - and then back to the National Post again. Information Clearing House is the best for an alternative view of society. It is really hard core. Global Reseach is good too though and is headed by a Canadian university professor. Alternet is very good and has great content and well researched stories. The Raw Story is not that bad either for some dissenting views. The Truth Seeker and Jeff Rense are not really my cup of tea, but you get some really good conspiracy stuff here. I find the Huffington Post a little too mainstream for my liking. Mainstream in its presentation and enormous amount of content, that is. It does have a huge following, but I am personally overwhelmed by all of the information on that site. Also, I don't like the censoring on their discussion boards. TruthDig is not bad, but you have to wait for your comments to be published, which is a drag. When I participate on discussion boards I want full reign and no censorship or I am not interested - that is the big negative with The Huffington Post and even with The Globe and Mail too. At least the hard core right wing National Post allows everybody to take the gloves off. Now, that is my kind of action let me tell you. But, I think they do that for a reason but that is another story of course. And, they are way too biased in favour of Israel and in their support of Stephen Harper. This makes them an unreliable source of objective news. But, then they don't hide their sympathies either.
.
I guess I am hard-core left-wing when you get right down to things. I am quite proud of my appellation actually and it has taken me years of hard training to get where I am. So, hard work does pay off as you can see. My attitudes are top notch in the left-wing department and at this point in my life they are virtually unshakeable. I got my lean-leaning credentials at university back in the sixties actually. That is when the Vietnam War was raging on and that was first introduction to such things. I learned back then that the system is all powerful and they will do whatever it takes to maintain their power. I also learned how the media plays an important role as well. And, another thing I learned is about the importance of religion. Actually, I acquried my anti-religious attitudes as a young teenager. I didn't know how brainwashed society was until I discovered this religious element in society. It seems like their only function is to keep the sheep in line and believing in whatever it is that comes out of the centers of power. That is kind of my view of society for what it is worth to you.
.
And, with the advent of Ronald Reagan and everything that he stood for, why, my views just became even more hard core. I remember even writing to Ronald personally when they were messing around in Lebanon in 1982 and 1983. Don't forget, 1983 was a very big year for me in the personal department. So, I guess everything was starting to come together for me - in the understanding department, that is. I remember, something struck me as being wrong about being present in the Middle East region at that time. I really did not understand the totality of events at that time and I had no real understanding of Israel and its practices or even how the Palestinians were being treated. But, later on with the help of the internet it would all come to life for me. A much greater understanding of the politics and war of this area would be achieved.
.
I guess I can thank 9/11 and George Bush for putting the final touches on everything for me. Who did 9/11? Well, you can rest assured dear friends that that is where my mind is right now. Anyhow, look at what happened after Bush got elected. We have the War on Terror, the diminishing of personal freedoms, and the two illegal invasions into Afghanistan and Iraq. Iraq was destroyed and the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan continues. Do you see why it is so easy to be a cynic and a lefty when you start to connect the dots? There is no reason to be in the Middle East fighting wars on terrorism when no such thing really exists - on any large scale, that is. It is all just fabrication and nonsense and reason for war spending and world dominion by the Empire. It is nothing other than a land grab and a foreign policy than involves control of resources and an encirclement of enemies, namely Russia and China. It is just plain old politics and economics just like it always is. So, I hope you appreciate these little insights of mine and why I hold the opinions that I do. It is just common sense and decency from my standpoint. If you are not agreeing with me then you must have a different background and education that is all. It is really that simple friends. It all boils down to attitude and that has been a key interest of mind for a long time. Where do they come from - eh?