Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pretty is nice, but is not forever...



.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Sunday February 21, 2010

.

It was another stellar, sunny day friends and I certainly took advantage of it let me tell you. Being Saturday, yesterday meant I made my way to the racetrack in Cloverdale. You know, racing is almost a secondary event when you are dealing with beautiful spring-like weather that we are having. The picture above is my car taken in 2008. It was the very first warm day of that new year, and the first time I even ventured to lower the top in public. I was actually quite shy and self conscious about doing that you know - in the beginning I mean. But, not any more let me tell you. Why, even the hint of a sunny day and a bit of warmth and down she comes. That is why I bought the unit anyway, to lower the top down and enjoy nature as it was meant to be enjoyed. That is what life is all about if you want my opinion on the matter.

.

But, you know what I was thinking about this morning? Well, I was thinking about when relationships come to an end. That's right, any kind of a relationship, human or physical. Think about it. I am having a relationship with my car. Oh, it is not two way or anything like that, but it is a relationship of sorts. I am enjoying the ownership of my car and what it means. I am using it and I am enjoying it. However, I know through experience that this relationship is going to end one day. I wonder what will bring it about? Perhaps, just the simple matter of time will do the trick. You know, I will just get tired of looking at my pretty car and decide that it is time to move on to another vehicle, you know, something else to love. I guess these car relationships are pretty much like human ones when you think about it. We get tired of our cars just like we get tired of our real emotional attachments or human objects of love. I don't think they are quite the same thing though and if you dig way back into one of my posts on these very pages you will see that I touched on this topic before and in the same manner. People are different than cars and you can really be emotionally attached to a human and it can be a long lasting and fruitful relationship. That is because there are inherent differences between humans and cars. But, there are some similarities of course, when you are dealing in a one-sided self-serving relationship that is. And, a man and his car is most definitely a one-sided, selfish relationship. Who cares what the car thinks anyway? The car is like a love slave actually. It was built to serve and to enjoy and that is its only function in life. But, you know, if you think about things a little bit I bet you will find that a lot of people treat other people as objects as well. And, that is why they discard them when they have outlived their due date and people simply get tired of their possessions - their human possessions. Like my car for example. How long do you think I will keep on being in love with it if it starts racking up all kinds of mileage and then starts to show its age? Or what about if it starts to accumulate all kinds of dents and gets maybe a little too dirty inside or has some visible scratches that irritate me? Don't you think I am going to start taking a second look at my vehicle and wonder if I should continue on with the relationship? Maybe I could even start to look at a younger and more pretty vehicle. I know then even when I buy a new car it doesn't take me long to start looking at other vehicles on the road, you know pretty and attractive ones just like mine. Why I even start thinking about another future vehicles that I would like to own. Well, you can imagine of course that my car has no idea what I am thinking about because it is not human and it has no emotions. It is simply a tool for me to use. Think about it friends. This is the basis of many of our human relationships as well. We marry pretty girls that are able to serve us and supply our needs. That is why relationships end though you know. So, don't kid yourself. Why do you think girls wear make up and act sweet and innocent and even flirt? Because they are trying to act attractive and they want you to be involved in their lives, even if for only a short amount of time. Girls understand these things that I am talking about. They know that guys like their cars and that is why girls try to be like cars. They want to be that car. But, the pretty ones and especially the smarter ones know that all relationships come to an end for whatever reason. If it is not old age or just lack of interest that will end a relationship it just might be an accident that does the trick. But, rest assured dear friends that all relationships will come to a close for any number of reasons. Pretty is nice, but is not forever.

.