Saturday, February 27, 2010

Getting ready for the weekend action....



.
.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Saturday February 27, 2010

.

Well, my hectic three day work week is over friends and now it is time to relax and recuperate once again. The Olympics is still going and will wind down on Sunday. That is sure a big event for this City let me tell you. Everyone was really into it and there was a great deal of excitement all over the Lower Mainland and especially downtown where all of the action was - and is. The whole place just seemed like a sea of Canadian flags sometimes; everybody had them attached to their cars - you know those window flags that everybody sports during hockey season. I guess the Olympics coming to town is a one in life time event and I suppose everyone knew that.

.

The big news today of course is that this is another racing day. My favourite track is in New Jersey of course at the Meadowlands. I don't know what the track conditions will be like at all since they had that big storm during the last couple of days. And, it is still cold enough to snow there as well. So, who knows. You can check out the weather forecast for the area by looking over to the right at the side bar there if you are interested. Anyhow, I am not taking any chances and I bought a backup program for Woodbine in Toronto just in case things do not look so good in New Jersey. I managed to grab a couple of forms while I was in Cloverdale yesterday morning. They did cancel Thursday and Fridays racing so that is how bad things were there back East. But, I have seen this track spring back quite quickly actually and one day is certainly different from the rest. I don't know how they do it, but the track can be " Fast " again in no time at all. We shall see what the future will bring of course. So, if you are a friend or acquaintance of mine don't be afraid to contact me if you are popping into town and want to go. Or, if you are making it on your own post time out here on the West (Wet ) Coast is 1600 hrs. Woodbine is 1630 if we have to go there. Talk to you all later.

.

A nice mellow oldies station for you

.