Monday, December 28, 2009

Why power is important....


.



.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Monday December 28, 2009
.
.
Another day off friends and time to ponder once again. I have to tell you that I am feeling a sense of power this morning. This power is related to current conditions in my life of course. I suppose the big power related thing is the current direction of the stock market - which is up. Now, the whole thing doesn't necessarily have to be real and meaningful, it just has to look good - and it does. As we move quickly toward the end of the year there is a great likelihood that I will achieve my stated financial objectives for the year. I am already around 13% up year-to-date and the only other concern is the idea of recapturing all of my losses from 2008. And, we are very close to that goal as we speak. The market does indeed look to be headed upward toward for the remaining days of the year.
.
The other big thrill for me right now is anticipating the opening of the racetrack this coming weekend. That is the Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey. This is a big part of my life of course and is my main source of entertainment during the winter months, and even into the summer months too. The excitement of the whole thing is the thought of figuring everything out and making a quick buck in the process. I think we all get some kind of rush when we figure something out and then are rewarded for our efforts. Well, the racetrack is one of those things that can be a good ego booster for you and I guess that is why I enjoy it so much. There is nothing quite as thrilling as making an instant monetary return and being rewarded for making the right choices at the right time.
.
So, I think you can easily see how these power things are important in a person's life. Little power and money things really do have an effect on us. Well, they have an effect on me anyway and I consider myself to be quite a normal person with regular kinds of desires. I am just trying to give you some examples of how important these kinds of things are to the psyche of a person, even if you do not partake of the same kinds of things that I am interested in. If you examine your own life maybe you will discover things in them that have the same kind of effects as my little power things or ego boosters have.
.
And, there are even a couple of other things that I could add into the mix as well. I mean, just think about the effect of the weather in the whole scheme of things as well. Why, if you are on top of the world and it is sun shiny out what could be more fantastic than that? Well, not much of course except for the idea of love. Yes, friends, even good old love can get into the picture and add another element of goodness to the whole thing. If you are a regular reader of my blog then you certainly know what I am talking about. I guess the point of the whole thing friends is that you have to savour the good moments when they come your way. Remember, nothing really lasts for ever in their current form. But, the point of the whole thing is to enjoy all of the wonderful ego boosters when they come together and make you a happy person. Yes, even materialism has a part to play in the human emotional drama. I think we should accept materialism and all of the other things for what they are. Good old fashioned ego boosters, the power things that make us human and happy. Well, thanks for reading and have a nice day for who knows what tomorrow will bring eh?
.