Saturday, December 19, 2009

My first candies....


.
.



.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday December 19, 2009
.
.
You may recall friends, my frustrations with the bankers, as outlined on yesterday's submission to my daily blog on these very pages. Well, I think I have may have broken the spell of these greedy individuals and things might just be turning around in the candy and gift department at work. Take a look at the photo above. That is my very first Christmas present from a customer. I should tell you that it was not actually an offering, but something that I took from a table that was in front of a receptionist. There was a bowl of candy canes sitting there and I simply asked if I could have one. And, the only reason I asked is because they were right there for the taking. So, all that was required was a bit of bravery on my part, and that was definitely forthcoming at that point in my life and at that particular moment. I simply needed to score my first Christmas treat of this 2009 Christmas season. And, that is why I ventured to ask the receptionist if I could have a candy cane. She was most gracious of course and told me that I certainly could have a treat from the bowl. Upon knowing that I could have one of the candies I proceeded to inform her that this was my very first Christmas treat of the year from a customer. She was very understanding indeed and suggested that there would be more treats coming my way. I thanked her for her support in the matter and carried on with my deliveries.
.
In the next couple of hours after leaving this office I would make my way out to Maple Ridge and then back into Vancouver. On the way back into Vancouver I stopped into one of our long standing customers. I entered the office to drop off a very important delivery from one of our other customers. As soon as I approached the desk to get a signature I was immediately asked if I would like a Christmas chocolate candy. Yes, friends, I was asked if I would like a candy. You can certainly imagine my joy upon hearing these words. Of course I wanted a candy, that is the thing that I was dreaming about. Yes indeed friends, for me this was the beginning of the turning or the tide in my favour. I was beating down the bankers and beating them at their game. I had friends left who were willing to share and who cared not about about how other people conducted their business during these trying times. I was about to receive my very first chocolate candy of this Christmas season and it made my day come alive let me tell you. I thanked the receptionist and told her of the importance and what that chocolate candy meant to me. She understood the significance of course and even had the foresight to say: " People are being grinches aren't they? " I thanked her for her commentary and carried on with my work.
.
So, just what does it all mean friends? I mean, me telling you about this little event in my life? I mean, candy canes and chocolate candies, are these things really that important, or even worthy of mentioning? You bet your life they are. They are important to me because they are my way of making sense of this world that I live in. Yes, friends as you can see I live in a world that revolves around the interaction of people and their personalities. I am just trying to show you how things of a seemingly unimportant nature are actually connected to things that are very important indeed. Things like world finance and how people and economies really work. I hope you are able to see some of these things in these little candy stories. That is my wish anyway.
.
Well, it is exactly one week after Karen's Big Bonus Birthday and I hope she is doing well at her work and in her life. So, let us take out a moment and wish her well. There. I just did it, so I hope everyone else did so as well. I was planning on taking the car for a spin in the sunshine today because the weather person said there would be sun here. I don't think they got it right though, but I may be wrong about that. Who knows anyway? See you all later.
.
Vancouver, B.C. Webcams
( and weather report )
.
.
A Bonus Treat for You:
.
Friends, here is a link to a Vancouver analyst who is also taking on the greedy bankers. Now, this is the Canadian mainstream media here and it is good to see this relevant type of discussion. The person being interviewed in the segment believes that the Federal Reserve Bank in the U.S. is not long for this world and he explains the nature of the beast for us.
.
.
.