Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Still thinking positively....



.
.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Tuesday December 29, 2009
.
.
Back on the job friends and then we will run it through to the end of the year on Thursday. That's right the end of the year. So, how were things for you under the recession or depression or whatever it was or is eh? Just kidding, but you all know what I mean, I hope.
.
Still watching the market and sensing that things are on the upward swing, but who knows for how long eh? I guess the main thing about the markets is that the general trend of things is up. But, only up if things are in fairly decent order that is. I mean, look what happened to Japan after their stock market crashed back in 1989 or so. They have had twenty years of a stagnant stock market and deflation. Now, you have to certainly consider these kinds of things when you are talking about the U.S. as well. And, that is because the problem in that country is centered on the banks and credit as well. The banks in the U.S. blew up and they were bailed out and that means that the taxpayers are on the hook for billions and trillions of dollars. And, just how would you feel if you were losing your job, your house value is declining and your stocks and everything else is losing value. You would be one mean character that is what you would be. The U.S. is still in very tough shape in spite of the recent market run up. I don't think the Americans can really get excited about the market necessarily because they now are being forced to be savers. They have to be just in order to survive the current financial situation. Things have really changed in that country and I think we are all going to be feeling the effects of that change for a long time to come. And, I haven't even talked about the new trillions of dollars of debt or the wars that just do not stop.
.
Don't forget that there is room for optimism in these quarters over here as I pointed out yesterday. My portfolio is making progress, but more importantly, harness racing kicks off again on Friday down in the Meadowlands in New Jersey. So, if you guys are popping into town ( my friends and acquaintances, that is ) I hope you can find time to pop in and check things out once the season gets under way. This morning I will be checking out my Nuvi in Chilliwack so that will be a lot fun of course. That is about it for now friends so talk to you all later.
.