Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009....



.
.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Thursday December 24, 2009

.

Just one picture for today friends and that is the picture above. I took this photo yesterday while on the job. Once again, I am showing you the lane where the girl was struck down in the ice and snow last year. Notice that there is no snow and ice this year in this area. You can read about that incident here: Carl Baydala's Christmas Message

.

The Christmas rush seems to have slowed down a bit from the last couple of days. Everyone is still in a good mood and the weather is quite pleasant. Hopefully, you can get a feel for the weather from the photo above.

.

People are really scurrying around doing their last moment Christmas shopping and the mall parking lots are quite congested as you might expect. I haven't had that much job contact with the malls this year so that is a good thing for my serenity. But, I certainly know what to expect when I venture into one. All of the customers are in a general good frame of mind and the job is proceeding as best it can under the circumstances. And, of course, all of us Vancouverites have the Olympics on the back of our minds as well.

.

So, that is about the extent of my report on this Christmas Eve friends. I hope that all of my friends and acquaintances get through the holidays in one piece and that they will live to see another Christmas as well. That is what Christmas is really all about friends; it is a simple celebration of life and the realization that we are all part of it. I like to think of Christmas as a giant birthday party - we are all just happy to be alive. Talk to you all later.

.