Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The gang of 82 is not amused....


.


.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Tuesday December 8, 2009

.

Vancouver, B.C. Webcams

.

.

Last day off friends and then back to work tomorrow. I got out and about yesterday, but only briefly, however. The first order of business of course was to get a new bank card. You may recall that my bank machine ate my bank card on Sunday. I should have taken a picture of the offending machine, but I did not have my camera with me. Oh, I suppose it doesn't matter anyhow since everybody has seen these brand new bank machines I suppose. But, I could have taken a shot I guess just to expose the culprit if you know what. Anyway, when I went into the bank to get a new card I found out that " 82 " cards had been devoured by this machine. Now, strangely, the individual handling the processing of my new card was somewhat unmoved by the experience. She didn't think it was such a big deal and she told me that they would be putting a sign on the machine telling people to push their cards all the way in " until it clicks ". Well, just how effective do you think that will be? She agreed after I informed her that people will most likely not be reading that sign. The point of the whole thing is that we are dealing with the introduction of a new technology here. People expect the machine to operate in the same manner as before and to not devour their cards. That is what the customer expects and that is what I expected on that day. Remember, the machine had my card and was performing its tasks, but when the time came to get cash and complete the project, well, the system clammed up. It would not eject the card and would not pump out the money and complete the task. The customer is not expecting this kind of thing to occur. I didn't expect this kind of performance and neither did 81 other people. So, I think we have a technological problem here and I can assure you, and speaking for the gang of 82 - we are not amused. Still sunny and cold out and I am still enjoying my life. Talk to you all later.

.