Thursday, December 17, 2009

The usual concerns....



.
.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday December 17, 2009
.
.
Well, things are certainly returning to normal after the recent snow scare that is for sure. That's right, back to the rains and working with the customer and enjoying a typical December-like work environment. It has been fairly busy this mid-month and there is the odd Christmas gift to deliver as well. People are in a pretty decent mood and I am sure everyone is thinking about the Christmas holidays that are almost upon us.
.
I am thinking about the Christmas things of course just like everyone else. But, there are always a couple of other big things that I think about all of the time too. I am sure you guys all know what those things are by now if you have spent any time at all with me on my blog. So, no sense in even mentioning them, right? Well, maybe just one tiny mention of the lesser of the things then. And, that is the stock market of course. I made a small alteration to my portfolio yesterday. I sold all of my international equity index fund as it was basically pissing me off. What a nowhere fund that is let me tell you. I think it was still down over 20% or something along those lines. I mean, the rest of my portfolio had to carry this laggard for the longest time. I just got tired of owning it that is all. I do that sometimes you know. Discarding things, I mean. Why, I even do it to my vehicles if they start to bother me. I just sell them and get something else. And, so that is what happened yesterday. I figured that there was too much European content in the fund and that that would hurt me going forward. So, I bought a different kind of international equity fund to replace it. It invests in large cap funds anywhere in the world, and that includes the United States. Prior to yesterday, as a matter of fact, I had zero equity in that country. But, now in my new fund it has about 30% U.S. stocks. Now, the fund has a heftier management fee, but that is OK if it is performing. I am really close to getting all of my losses back again from the disaster of 2008 and I am up 13.26% for the year so that is cool of course. We shall see what the end of the year shall bring us. It is fun watching the market though, but more fun when it is going up and not down. Talk to you all later.
.
.