Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are you a whale?....


.
.


.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Sunday December 6, 2009
.
.
.
.
.
Still beautiful sunny weather friends and I got out early ( yesterday ) and attended to a personal job. And, then that was the end of my day in spite of the glorious weather. It is certainly a little nippy mind you, but life is very pleasant indeed under these kinds of conditions. So, emotionally I suppose the weather can be a very good thing indeed. Well done God, or is it nature that is responsible for this kind of weather?
.
Now, I did not accomplish much like I said, but I was thinking of getting something done if that helps. I restructured my portfolio and made some technical changes to its architecture, but that is about all I really did. Other than that I am sorry to report, yours truly had a fairly unproductive day. But, there is also the next day now then isn't there? And, the day after that and the day after that. Well, you know what I mean, why push things if you do not have to?
.
I did manage to take a look at the Meadowlands website and see what is happening for harness racing this season. And, I found out that things are not quite as I thought they were going to be. I did not see any racing dates for this December at all. It looks like everything is starting up in the New Year. But, no big deal friends. I have not been to the track since August and the layover is not killing me. In fact, I am getting kind of used to not having to want to go to the track on Saturdays. This does not mean that I have lost interest in the sport because I have not. I am only suggesting to you that I am capable of controlling my emotions and desires to some extent. So, surely that is not such a bad thing.
.
Speaking of gambling though, I read this piece on the Bloomberg financial site. I hang out there quite a bit actually. Anyway, there was this article in there about this chronic gambler who dropped over one hundred million dollars down in Vegas. Can you imagine losing that kind of dough just by gambling? That is beyond my comprehension actually. But, think of the serious kinds of bets that I could make at the track if I did that. Wow! I could have a great time and win a lot of races that is for sure. Maybe even cover the board in a lot of cases and be a guaranteed winner. Sometimes you come out ahead by covering a lot of bases you know. But, a hundred million bucks, I mean, let's get serious. In the parlance down in Vegas that guy was called a " whale ". In the carnival business we would call him a mark. And, you can call him what you want. I am just going to call him crazy.