Thursday, May 21, 2009

Follow that dream....

.
.
.
Circe Offering the Cup to Odysseus
.
1891 picture by John William Waterhouse
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday May 21, 2009
.
.
Yes, dear friends, follow that dream, but be careful as dangers lurk everywhere. So, just a word of caution of course. You can read about this treacherous women of Greek mythology here: Circe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. And, you can listen to account of Odysseus' travails with Circe in chapter 10 of the Odyssey ( as found in Librivox )
.
Book 10 - 00:37:04
Read by: Reynard T. Fox
.
I know that I am always cautious in my job as a courier and I am constantly on the lookout for danger. Who knows what the next delivery will bring or where I will end up or what type of woman I will encounter next. Sure, my job is exciting and loaded with beautiful women as well, but I am on my guard should anything go wrong. That is why it is important to believe in the gods, the courier gods, that is. So, let the tale of Circe serve as a lesson for the pitfalls that can overcome a courier as he conducts his business.
.
Well, nothing out of the ordinary occurred on the job yesterday and I was safe and well after all was said and done. The weather was not stellar, but had some hints of promise, however. A few sprinkles of rain here and there mixed with some sun. So all in all it was not an unpleasant day as I had the pleasure of serving the customer once again. Just a reminder friends that the weekend is almost upon us once again and should you be venturing into town do not be afraid to pop into the track and partake of a few bets, if that is your pleasure, that is. So, long for now friends and see you there if you are coming.
.
Here is the song of the day. It is a 1962 song by Elvis Presley:
.
" Follow that Dream "
.



.
.
.