Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On the road again....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
Today is May 6, 2009
.
.
Well, back on the job after a few days off. I guess it is official, I really am semi-retired and all that. I suppose this is what it is going to be like. You know what I mean, whiling away my time on the internet digesting information and that kind of thing.. Well, what would I rather be doing anyway?. Truthfully, I'd rather be driving around in the sunshine in the sportscar that is what. But, the weather was poor this weekend just like my health. So, all was not lost. You are probably wondering who the chick is in the photo above. The only thing I know is that her name is Olga and that she said it was OK to use her picture. Well, if she is offering then why not? She is a decent looking woman as far as I am concerned and she is expressing kind of how I feel this morning. In fact, that is why I picked for for this morning's photo. She is looking how I feel.
.
And, now you are asking how do I feel? I thought you would never ask. I am not in the best of spirits if you want the truth. But, I think my disposition is mostly related to my health and not my philosophical outlook as it were. My philosophy is still pretty strong, but my emotions really are affected by my health, so maybe we will have to examine that aspect of things at some future time... I spent quite a bit of time reading Schopenhauer this weekend in case you didn't notice by my other posts, here and on the main part of my blog. Now, Schopenhauer is supposed to be the ultimate pessimist. However, I do not conceive of him as a negative person at all, but a realist and a very rational personality. He was supposed to have been a rather difficult personality somewhat like myself. He even fought with his mother who he had some personality conflicts with. She was quite successful herself as a writer, so maybe that is where the conflict is coming from. .. Life really is not much when you break it down actually. Sure, there are lots of good times and all that, but life is short too. So, any good times that you are going to have are eventually going to come to an end. Now, that is not much to look forward to is it? And, life is brutal and it is also competitive as well. These are all given things and they are the things that. the human being has to contend with. So, Schopenhauer developed this thesis about the will and the representation of that will. Everything for him was an object or expression of the will. And, that is what life is all about according to him. The will, or the thing in itself is in charge of everything and all of our actions. Everything has a will, including nature; these are the inner beings of things. Now. I have to be perfectly honest with you and tell you that I am not completely sold on this Schopenhauer thesis you know. I think it might just be philosophy for the sake of philosophy if you know what I mean. Maybe it is just more German idealism at work if you know what I mean. The Germans at his time were big on idealism, that is to say that they were dreamers and were adept at creating large conceptual schemes to explain things. Schopenhauer might just be another one of these big dreamers or conceptualizers if you know what I mean. Philosophers have a knack for creating large mental schemes and then go about creating theories to make their ideas more saleable to the public. In fact, that is what religious people do as well. Once they get an idea in their head it is hard to stop them with their formulations. Anyhow, I am still willing to hear the man out because I think he has something to say, especially with regards to music and how it affects man and his psyche. Music is a very important thing from my perspective and I appreciate it and use it almost every day in my life. So, for my money music and the ego are important things and it looks like to me that my ego liks music. Now, what that has to do with philosophy is another matter entirely.
.
Anyhow, the woman in the picture is not too hard to look at. But, the name Olga might be a bit of a disservice to her, I think. Does she look like an Olga to you? I know that some girls don't like their names. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago a secretary was telling me that she did not like her name and would prefer something more dramatic. I knew what she was talking about even though I tried telling her that her name was OK. .. Actually, I just had a thought about girls in general. I believe that they like it when you think they are good looking or attractive, or even sexy for that matter. So, that tells me that girls appreciate good commentary and are in fact delighted if you find them attractive. I think that is a very good thing and that kind of thing keeps my spirits up. .. I just started to get a little bit of a positive buzz. Hmmm. Maybe it is just the coffee at work. Oh well, we'll take it if it works. ..
.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
.
.
.
.