Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Mellow Sunday


.




Good Morning Friends,
.
.
Today is Sunday May 3, 2009
.
.
The weather is not much and in fact it turned rather cloudy yesterday. It was warm enough, but it just was not sunny that is all. I did not make the race track yesterday so I hope you did not make a special trip into town just for that. It is always best to phone me in advance if you are thinking of coming then I can make sure that I will make an appearance. I think the lack of sun had something to do with me not deciding to go though. But, I did have some other business to attend to so the track had to take a back seat unfortunately.
.
You know, I didn't realize how important real friends are. These are the people who go on a trip with you and when things turn bad or ugly they are still your friends after all is said and done. Some people cannot even be your friends because they do not like, appreciate, or even understand you. That is the sad fact of life dear friends and the more I experience life the more these things ring true. And, just a final punishing thought for you. Some of you may not even have any friends at all. Well, that is OK too. And here is why. It is OK to not have friends even though that is the preferred option of course. Better because it gives you someone to talk to and to share things with. I think that is the most important part of all - sharing your experiences and thoughts with another person. It is important because it connects you to life and creates meaning for you and gives life a purpose; that is the role of friends. But, if you are alone all is not lost. Because if you believe in yourself then that is all you really need. And, as a human being you are possessed with a brain, and inside of that brain is your imagination. It is your imagination that you can fall back onto and make it your friend. Your imagination is a wonderful thing and in the end it is your ultimate friend; it is the thing that can allow you to survive under the most extreme conditions. Because with your mind and imagination anything is possible. Your dreams live here and these are the things which can be your true friends if you want them to be. So cheer up and dream a little bit. You will feel better and you will be able to be just as happy as those with a bunch of friends. If you don't believe me just click on one of the videos by Tommy Edwards off to the right. Like, say for example, listen to ' The Morning Side of the Mountain '. Now listen and dream. So, what do you feel like now after listening to that? Did you see your friends, etc? Do you even need any friends? Who said a living friend was better than a dream friend anyway? Think about it. They are both just as good to have, and when you cannot have a physical friend, why your mind friend will never let you down and he or she will always be there for you - and this friend will be perfect because you have made him or her that way. And, if you need just a bit more proof as to what I am saying then get a pussy cat and tell him your dreams. He will believe you and he will not doubt your thoughts for a minute. See what I mean? Who needs stinking human friends anyway when you can have a cat and a bunch of dreams that can even be better? See, life is great when you can make it work for you. And, that is what life is all about isn't it? Making it work and making it pleasurable, I mean. Someone, or something gave you the ability to dream. So, take advantage of an opportunity to dream - and create that friend when you need one. I am not sure if anyone is actually going to believe what I just said, but I think it makes a bit of sense, however - it makes sense to me and that is the point of the whole thing.
.
Thanks for reading and I hope your Sunday is not too mellow, or maybe you just might be better off with a mellow Sunday. Talk to you all later and have a nice day.
.
.
.
.
.