Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Are you organized yet?

.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
Today is Tuesday May 19, 2009
.
.
Well, this is my last day off and then back to work tomorrow, so I guess I had better try and make something of it. I posted a couple of pictures today and they are both from Wikipedia's collection of snaps. My theme is one of organization. Yup, good old organization. Notice that everything is always organized or trying to be organized? Well, I think that is one of the mysteries of nature and it just represents what nature really is. And, man and all of the animals are part of nature; we are simply all matter and molecules and the like. And, we all react in certain ways as a consequence of what we are and what are present circumstance is. That is why the universe itself is in motion and is expanding and moving about. It is simply organizing itself; it is reacting to its environment if you will. That is what nature does; it moves about and adjusts itself and organizes itself. Maybe that is why man is a never-satisfied creature; his personality and character is such that nothing will ever satisfy him. That is what the philosophers say anyway. And, maybe man is so organization-oriented simply because he is made of matter that is constantly under influence of other matter and other things; he is being forced to adjust and to organize. What do you think?
.
Anyway, this is just another one of my hair brain ideas so don't get too excited if you see nothing in my thoughts. But, look at weather itself and how it is constantly organizing itself. We speak for example of an organized weather system. Like, look at the photo above - it is an organized weather system packing winds of 135 miles an hour and about to attack Korea. It is just a natural event, but it is an organized natural event. And, it gets it power to do what it does from nature itself, from sun and heat and wind, etc. And, then look at our friendly neighbourhood wasp. The queen is going about the business of organizing a colony; she is setting up shop and getting ready for business.
.
And, so it is with us humans as well. We are constantly organizing things, you know, doing things to make our lives more comfortable so as to survive and to prosper. And, we do all of these things in conjunction with our fellow humans and in relation to our environment as well. All of the things that confront us make us organize ourselves in certain ways. So, that is how important organization is if you want my opinion on the matter.
.
Anyhow, on to the song of the day. It is by Skeeter Davis and it is a 1963 song: "I Can't Stay Mad At You" You know, while I am doing my research on these songs from the sixties I am finding that I am actually a country fan. I didn't actually know that until recently. But, many of the songs that I liked back then are actually performed by country and western singers. Why, even Patsy Cline would have been a country star herself. Do you think I am a closet country and western fan?
.

.
.
" I Can't Stay Mad At You "
Skeeter Davis - 1963
.
.
Well, that is all for now friends. Talk to you all tomorrow. And, sorry about getting the date wrong yesterday. I guess I must be getting lazy as a result of all of this free time on my hands or something. Just a reminder, that this is not the main part of my blog. There are lots of other links on the side bar to my other areas of interest. Thanks for stopping by.
.
.
.