Monday, May 11, 2009

Mellow Monday



.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
.
.
.
today is Monday May 11, 2009
.
.

. Still resting up and enjoying my days off as best as I can. My picture today is of an individual sleeping. Perhaps he or she is enjoying the day off as well. Sleeping is an important human function, I think. How so? Well, in sleep one takes a break from the reality and pressures of life. Maybe sleep is the only enjoyment a person has if his life is filled with turmoil, for example. Perhaps something is weighing heavily on his mind and sleep gives him a chance to rest and to be rejuvinated so he can live life and deal with it properly sometime in the future.
.
Sleeping also allows one to dream and to have fantasies, or even nightmares. So, sleep can be a risky business as well. How many times have you woken up right in the middle of a nightmare; perhaps someone was going to take your life. Dreams and sleep therefore can be very dangerous things indeed. But, on the other side of a dream is one's waking reality as well. And, comfort comes knowing that these horrible events were only occurring in your mind.
.
For me, personally, sleeping and dreaming has been a mostly positive experience. For it is here that I get to dream about the people that I like and think about alot in my waking hours. So, I guess my brain is doing some work for me even while I am sleeping. Dreams and fantasy are really wonderful things when you think about it. Just how creative is your brain anyway? Well, I cannot speak for anyone else but my brain and my dreams are really wonderful things. Very often I wake up in the morning or even in the middle of the night and the dreams are still fresh in my mind. And, they are mostly positive dreams too, so that is a good thing as well. I guess dreams are your inner expressions and your inner desires at work. Maybe work is the wrong word to use if you think your brain is taking a break from reality. But, then, maybe your brain really does not take a break, but is simply working in some other mode of operation. Who is to say for sure about these things. All I know is that is my brain can produce good thoughts for me while perhaps working in overtime and that is OK by me. I say if someone else or thing wants to work while I am resting then who am I to complain about the matter anyway?
.
The final thing about sleep and rest is that it allows us to have a different perspective when we wake up. A lot of people are refreshed and glad to be alive when they wake up and that is a good thing of course. Most humans are happy that they are going to get to live for yet another day and to enjoy the fruits of life. I remember in the past, that it was sleep and time that pulled me out of some very difficult positions. For example, I remember thinking about this one person for quite a while and it was a very difficult situation indeed. But, in sleeping, one tends to forget things and is removed from pressure and the business of being focused on one thing or person. Sleep takes you away from these things and allows you to be energized and to be free of turmoil. And, sometimes when you wake up all of your problems have gone away and you feel wonderful and relaxed and free. So, sleep is like a cleansing process; it is cleaning your psychological laundry for you and making you fresh and relaxed again. But, just a note of caution here dear friends. Sometimes the mind is involved in things that are of a very serious nature; they are simply compelling and overwhelming. Sometimes the mind cannot do the job it is expected to do. And, why is that you may enquire? Because sometimes the mind has to deal with something that it feels that it cannot handle alone; it is simply too much; it is like putting too much laundry in the machine and the machine malfunctions. Well, it is the same thing in human relations as well. So, don't expect your mind to perform miracles for you as it is only designed to perform under certain conditions. Sometimes the warranty that comes with your mind is not worth the psychological paper that it is written on. Sorry to be so negative about an otherwise happy topic but it is better to be honest about these things dear friends. Sometimes emotional things are not that easy to fix and you may find that life has a way of introducing you to very unexpected things. I think the mind is trying to tell you something under these conditions; it is telling you that it cannot do the job alone. As wonderful as your sleeping brain is it can only do so much for you.



.
.