Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy to be alive Friday....

.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday May 22, 2009
.
.
It was a beautiful day here in Vancouver yesterday, almost perfect actually. It was warm and it was sunny and I was happy to be alive and out and about doing my job as a courier. Actually, there have been a number of beautiful working days this Spring so far. Once the rains stop it just seems like another gorgeous day comes along - almost like clockwork.
.
Anyhow, about 16:30 yesterday I was doing a job from White Rock going to downtown Vancouver. So, that means I had to go downtown when the rush hour traffic was piling up. The traffic was thick indeed and I had a couple of important rush deliveries that had to get downtown before the offices closed. Well, to make a long story short I got the job done and felt good about the whole business as well. But just as I was going toward the Oak Street Bridge this old song came on the radio. Before I mention the song I have to tell you that advertising really works. You know how you see those radio stations advertising on buses? Well, when I was cruising about in my car on the weekend I saw this radio station ad on the side of a bus. It was radio station 104.9 FM and it was an oldies station. Wow, I thought to myself. Oldies on FM. So, I tried the station out and sure enough it was a great oldies station. So, I put it on my preset selection in my truck and in my car and now it is one of my favourite stations. Neat eh? Anyhow, the song I heard was: Up on the Roof by the Drifters, sung in 1963. What a great old song that was. It just makes you feel good when you listen to it. Man oh man. I was just really singing along in the sunshine listening to this great old tune and very happy to be alive in the process. See what a great job this courier business is? Now. what you rather be doing I ask you?
.
Anyhow, tomorrow is a racing day at Cloverdale, so see you there if you are popping into town. And, the weather is supposed to be great for the weekend too. Here is the song of the day, from yesterday:
.
.
Up on the Roof, by the Drifters - 1963
.



.
.
.