Monday, May 25, 2009

The macho mentality....

.

.


Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Monday May 25, 2009

.
I did not buy my car to be a drag racer or to be a muscle man from the past - you know the muscle cars of the sixties. I just like to cruise about in the unit in the sunshine and listen to tunes with the top down. That is my most pleasurable past time. But, what I am finding out by just cruising around is that there are a lot of macho types on the road. There is an inherent competition on the road if you have not noticed. Now, I am not just talking about the regular speeders on the road and the goofs, but there are some really aggressive types out there.

.Like, for example, it is not uncommon for me to stop at a light and then be challenged by the driver next to me after the light turns green. There are lots of these characters out there let me tell you - mostly younger of course. More than you think. For example, just last Saturday I was driving home from the track and some goof has to climb on top of me and tailgate at about 70km per hour. I am driving in the right or slow lane. He needed to prove his manhood I suppose and I just laughed. He was only coming up to me and then turning right by going into the right hand turning lane at high speed, but he had to make this big statement before he did. Interesting eh? Actually, I do tend to accept the challenges once in a while as well, just for entertainment of course if you know what I mean. Besides, my five speed transmission can hold its own off the line you know.

.Now my job is difficult enough as a courier as you probably know, but now we have to deal with these characters on the weekend as well. Maybe they all just want to get back to the sixties and the muscle cars - who knows or cares? Anyway dear friends I am just letting you know that male machismo is far from dead - it lives and breathes and is alive and well.

.Well, that is about it for now, talk to you all tomorrow.





Here is the song of the day for you. It is from 1964



.Jan and Dean - Dead Man's Curve
.








.