Thursday, April 23, 2009

McDonald's Means Freedom

.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
Today is Thursday April 23, 2009
.
.
I thought I would start out the day by giving McDonald's a great big pat on the back. McDonald's is on a roll even in these trying times. Yes indeed, they are making profit while others are dying. And, why is that? Because McDonald's believes in freedom that is why. Freedom in every way imaginable. Here is just more proof of why this company is so successful. Look below and you will see a picture of my Blackberry pager. This is the device that I use all day long to receive my deliveries from my dispatcher and to communicate with him and my courier friends. Here is what one of my comrades reported to me yesterday via an e-mail on my Blackberry. I am paraphrasing of course but this was the jist of the e-mail:
.
"...went into McDonald's and ordered a coffee, nothing else. an employee ( not the actual word used ) said that small coffees were free today. Grabbed the free coffee and sat in their dining room, for free, reading their free paper. God bless free enterprise. " end of quote and e-mail.
.
Dear readers you have no idea how upbeat I was after reading this e-mail from a Comrade worker. A worker by the way who has criticized this institution for his personal reasons. His loyalties in the fast food industry lie elsewhere and it is not his habit to frequent the McDonald's corporation as I am prone to do. So, his comments made my day as you can well imagine. As you know I am a very dedicated McDonald's customer. I visit a McDonald's at least once a day and sometimes up to three times a day for my sustenance. And, it is McDonald's that I rely on to keep me going during the day, for inspiration and food and to utilize their facilities, which are also free of course. There are McDonald's scattered everywhere throughout the Lower Mainland and I search them out in my daily activities as a courier. They are like home when I find one and I rely on them during the course of my working day. Well, the e-mail from my friend just confirms my belief in this wonderful institution. They are serving the customer just as I am serving the customer. And, they are giving something back to the community during these hard recessionary, dare I say, depressionary times. Let's all give a big round of applause to this noble public servant, McDonald's. A company that truly understands the meaning of freedom - and practices it. God Bless McDonald's and all that it stands for.
.




Have a nice day and don't forget to pop into McDonald's for your free coffee. This is a limited time offer and ends on May 2nd, and is only valid during the breakfast time slot. See you there. P.S. the McDonald's picture of their head office in Burnaby, B. C., was taken yesterday afternoon. The picture at the bottom was taken within the last two weeks in Richmond, B.C. It is in east Richmond by the Knight Street Bridge.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.