Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday April 21, 2009

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
Today is Tuesday April 21, 2009
.
Still resting up, but getting a few things done before I get back into action tomorrow. Here are a few snaps that I took yesterday in the later evening just before sundown. Well, actually the sun was mostly down and many of my pictures did not turn out very well. These pics here are ' the best of the bunch ' so to speak. They are all of the Whalley area of Surrey.
One of the pictures that I wanted to show you was that of a gas station. The price of gas at that station was 96.9 cents per litre. And, that is the ' evening ' price; it is more expensive during the day. There are 4.54 litres to a gallon so you can see that by North American standards that is pretty expensive gas. All of the gas stations in the local market charge the same; there is no real competition here it seems and the price seems awfully high especially when you consider how far a barrel of oil has dropped since its peak of 147 dollars a barrel last year.











Check out this vehicle above and what do you see? This person is sporting a Vancouver Canucks hockey team flag. Hockey is a very big deal here in Vancouver and when the Canucks are on a roll, well so are their fans. I am not a hockey fan by the way, I only laugh at these characters who roar about in their vehicles with their favourite teams' flag. But, everyone has to believe in something I suppose.



.
Hope you enjoyed the snaps. I will try to get as many as I can for you especially while I am performing my courier duties. It is supposed to be sunny today so I will try to get out and about with the unit in the sunshine for a cruise. Have a nice day and talk to you all tomorrow.
.
.
.
.
.