Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What would Lynn do?


.


Lynn


.The 1967 Year Book
.


.Good Morning Friends



.today is Tuesday April 13, 2010


. It is a good thing that I got off my butt yesterday and cut the grass. I had no idea that it was going to rain today. Well, that is what my sources tell me anyway, that it is raining out, that is. Who would have thunk that eh? So, nice and pretty yesterday. But, I did notice the high, thin cloud while I was mowing the lawn, however. I suppose that was the big clue for anybody that was interested in these kinds of things. For me, I was just interested in putting away the first cut of the year. Now, that that is done I can rest on my laurels for a bit. And, as you can appreciate, after I cut the grass I went for a spin in my car and that was the extent of my day. So typical nowadays for me. That is the kind of thing that I like to do.

.All good things must come to an end of course and it is back to the grindstone tomorrow. Another tortuous three day work week is about all that I have to look forward to, before we can start to dream about harness racing again, that is. So, I am just wondering Lynn, what did you think of my post yesterday and the message contained therein? Do you remember what you were doing in 1983? Well, as you can imagine that is mostly what I think about on these pages. That's right, good old 1983. The most dramatic year in my whole life. Nobody knows how their lives are going to pan out you know and that is what makes the whole thing so interesting. And, now I go and buy this DVD about a nuclear attack on the United States, a film that was made in 1983. Check out yesterday's post to see what I am talking about. Actually, I didn't spend nearly enough time as I could have - or should have on that topic of annihilation. In a way, that is what happened to my life in 1983 too. I remember having a dream about a nuclear explosion right after the dramatic events in October of that year. Yes, dear friends, I experienced my very own mental nuclear explosion. Now, I didn't go out and make a movie about the whole thing, but I can certainly relate to the notion of what a nuclear attack can do the psyche of a person and the whole nation for that matter. One's world is simply turned upside down and you just have to contend with the new realities that you are faced with. I mean, just think about what a nuclear attack means. Lots of people die and the whole structure of society is broken, and maybe forever. Perhaps the society will never be the same again. Humans, after a nuclear attack must do what they can to survive and to help those who are desperately in need. That is what you do when you are a human being. It is back to the basics. You survive, protect your loved ones and then save as many fellow humans as you can. That is what the doctor and the nurses did in the movie " The Day After. " Interesting how the young girl in the movie is upset because she didn't do something that she wanted to do, namely have a baby with her interned future husband. She was constricted by society as a function of its rules and regulations and then when her world was turned upside she was a victim of fate and the uncertainties of life. I guess that is one of the big lessons of the movie. Apart from the fact that we immediately come to know what a nuclear attack would mean, we are also instructed to realize that one must enjoy and get out of life what one can. There is only one life and these life things just have a habit of coming to an abrupt end sometimes. Maybe they should be showing this movie to modern day students so that they can realize the potential dangers that lurk among them as a function of what can happen to their society in light of current geo political considerations. Can you trust your government to do the right thing? What do you think Lynn? I think the answer is no. So, maybe some really selfish behavior is in order here, especially if you adhere to the idea that the world that you know and love might not be here tomorrow.

.