Sunday, April 4, 2010

What would Jo-Anne do?


.
.

Jo-Anne

.

The 1967 Year Book

.

Good Morning Friends

.

today is Sunday April 4, 2010

.

Welcome to Sunday and hopefully better weather days. But, don't hold your breath because it is still quite cool and unsettled out. I heard they got a bunch of snow on the local mountains and even Cypress Mountain. That is the one with no snow during the Big Event. It certainly was too bad it couldn't of snowed a bit more during the Olympics. That would have added an even better feel to the events taking place. Well, no sense in crying over spilled milk eh? And, besides, from all accounts the Games were a roaring success anyway in spite of the lack of an abundance of snow. Who needs Mother Nature anyway when you can make your own eh? Hope she is not listening otherwise I could be in a lot of trouble.

.I certainly don't know what Jo-Anne in the picture above would do, but I know what I am going to do. Had a nice little win at the track yesterday, so I will probably do a bit of shopping today. I was lucky because the win came in the second race. I won just over 500 dollars for a one dollar triactor bet. So, that set me up for the night as you can imagine and the pressure was off. I pulled out rather early actually as I wanted to savour my wins during the course of the week, which is starting right now. I stopped betting at the 7th race which I lost and I would have lost all the races after that so it is a good thing that I closed up shop and went home. I didn't even bet my regular amount of money. I just knew that I had to get out of there if I was not able to get another win after my one and only win. Check out below the Meadowlands website for the results of the races last night. There were quite a few good payoffs, in the order of thousands of dollars actually. Like, how does a 10,000 dollar win sound for ten cents? That was the payoff in one of the Superfectas. ( picking the first four horses in a race ) See race 13 below, for example. And, there was also a 12,000 dollar triactor ( two dollar bet ) in a previous race as well.

Race results below:

Race results for the Meadowlands: Saturday April 3, 2010

.So, like I said above I will buy myself a little something today on account of my good fortunes yesterday. Now, if my dream girl was in attendance yesterday I could have bought her a nice dinner and a present as well. She was not there so that will have to wait for some future time I suppose. You can be sure that I was thinking about her when I won and hoping she was there. Maybe she was giving me good luck just by thinking about her. Who knows for sure eh? Well, thems the racing gods for you. They sure work in strange and lovely ways eh?

.