Sunday, April 11, 2010

What would Linda do?



.

Linda



.The 1967 Year Book
.



.Good Morning Friends



.
.
today is Sunday April 11, 2010



. . I told you there were tons of Lindas out there. And, I know that this is not going to be the last one that we will be posing our question to. I have no idea what Linda would do about anything. Maybe she would just cry after losing at the races like I did yesterday. Who knows. Well now, that should give you a clue as to what happened at the races yesterday anyway. That's right, I did not win, but the weather was great. So, how is that? It was a typical day a the races though. I was trying my very best to win, but the racing gods would have none of it. They would be leaving me in suspense for some future time. My wins will come later and that is how I justify the whole thing. So, as you can see there is nothing really wrong with losing, because losing is simply a case of delayed winning. Right?

.I just thought of something. And, it is about Lindas. What a totally common name eh? Actually, I kind of like the name Linda. I just wished there weren't so many of them that is all. It just seems to cheapen the brand if you know what I mean. But, you know, I was listening to one of my favourite radio stations here on the West Coast, I think it was last week or so. And, they were talking about the most common girls names. Like what composes the top ten girls names throughout history. I had the answer right away. And, you know why? Because of my job in the courier business that is why. I deal with receptionists and girls all day long. Girls sign their names on my manifest sheets so I know who the common ones are. And, just as an aside here I have run across many strange female names in the last couple of years let me tell you. I should have written some of them down, but I did not. Some of them are very strange sounding indeed, but some are very pretty sounding too. My theory for these new and varied names are two fold. I think that we are getting a new crop of females that are part of a brand new generation. Parents must have started calling their children by different names for this younger generation of girls that I am now mingling with on my job. That is one explanation. The other reason would be the immigration into this region. Being a popular place the Lower Mainland would be attracting people from foreign lands all of the time. That means of course that I would be dealing with the children of immigrants, you know people with strange sounding names to me. They are certainly not Anglo Saxon names that is for sure. But, I digress of course. What are the common girls name in history? I guessed the answer right off the bat just like I said. I knew the answer even before the radio station got a caller to try and answer the question for them. The name is Sarah. It is Biblical sounding to me. I don't recall any Sarahs in my graduating class, but maybe there is one in there. Well, we are going to find out now aren't we? As far as I am concerned Linda seems to be the most popular girls name in history. In my part of the world and in my time span at least. Look at the ones that we have back here in 1967.

.