Monday, April 5, 2010

What would Linda do?


.
.

Linda
.

.
The 1967 Year Book
.

.
Good Morning Friends
.

.
today is Monday April 5, 2010
.

.
Looks like another moody Monday friends, from where I am sitting anyway. Just finished reading an article about Ralph Nader over on Truthdig. See article here:

How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too

.This article just expresses things which I have been saying for a long time. The corporations and the media control America. The media destroyed Ralph Nader and his message by not getting the word out. Plain old censorship is what it is all about friends. Leaving something out or just not talking about is what the media does best nowadays. And, in the modern context, that means not talking about something like 9/11. I am sure that many of you aware by now why the media will not discuss 9/11 in any great detail. I mean, I hope I don't have to spell it out for you at this late stage in the game.

.I kind of like Ralph Nader and I can certainly relate to him and his personality. He is a fighter and he is out to do good for society. The only problem is of course that when you are trying to do good for society certain people will not like that and that is why Nader has been marginalized and all of his thoughts and good ideas are suppressed. Can you imagine Ralph Nader as President of the United States? How about you Linda, just what would you do if Ralph was the prez? Hmmm?

.Well, I think America would be a much different place that is for sure. Maybe it would even be on track to being a civilized country again and the power would be restored to the people where it belongs. I am just a dreamer of course and things are not likely going to change very soon at all. The corporations and the media are the current rulers of the land. You know what Linda? I used to use a little example of how powerful the corporations are by telling my readers about the baseball cap scenario. Remember when the young guys started to wear their baseball caps backwards as a sign of protest? Rebellious youth and all that. You know, they were fighting the system in their own way by simply mocking it. And, what did the corporations and the powers that be do in response? Well, they turned the backwards baseball cap practice into a marketing tool and marginalized the dissenters, that is what they did. They made it cool to wear a baseball cap the wrong way. And, they did it through the media and advertising. I guess that will teach you to be a dissenter eh? The system is very devious and very powerful friends, so just keep that in mind should you ever decide to become a dissenter or progressive or a liberal or other such thing. You will certainly have your hands full that is for sure.

.So, just what would you do Linda? I know what I would do and I am doing it right now. I am at least talking about it. I am not censoring it or many other things for that matter. And, then I have this other problem as well. This seemingly perpetual problem of mine. And, that involves my dream girl of course. I wonder if she is ever going to come to her senses and just phone me so that I can live the rest of my life in heavenly bliss. You know, make my remaining years the best that they can be. Is it possible Linda? Or, is it just another senseless dream, kind of like the dreams that Ralph Nader has? You know, good-intentioned ideas that are just almost impossible to execute. Is life really that tough? And, if it is what can one person do about it anyway? Oh well. what else are you going to talk about on a moody Monday anyway? Easter Monday. Well, maybe thinking about the Pope will make us feel better. I mean, just look at all the problems that the Catholic Church has. And, how do they handle such things? Why they just call them common gossip of the day that is all. There you go. That is how easy it is dismiss a problem and a criticism out of hand. You just call it something else and eventually the people might come to believe what you are saying. Maybe Hitler was right. Just keep telling lies and the bigger they are the more believable they will be. Simple. Have a nice day friends. I don't know what you are going to do about these kinds of things Linda, but you can see what I just did.

.