Friday, April 9, 2010

The snow, the boots, and other things....



.

..

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Friday April 9, 2010

.

Finally made it to the last day on the job. Fridays are always great days friends, especially when you are a worker. But, then I suppose all of you guys know that anyway. For myself, it was a short and productive, three day work week. I hope you don't think that I am abusing the term ' work week ' by telling you that my work week consists of only three days. Well, in my world friends that is what a work week means to me so I hope you are not going to hold that against me.

.I have a few snaps down below from work yesterday, but first just a short note about racing tomorrow. That's right, tomorrow is Saturday and it is a racing day. I am sure that you are all aware by now that my life revolves around making it from one week to the next so that I can enjoy myself at the track and hopefully pick up a couple of bucks and have a good time as well. So, just a further reminder to my friends, relatives, and acquaintances about the racetrack. If you are popping into town and want to go you know how to contact me. And, if you are coming alone post time is 1600 hrs local time. See you there if you are coming. And, now for some pics from work yesterday....

.I knew that I just had to get a couple of photos of the fresh snow on the North Shore mountains. It was simply a gorgeous day, especially in the morning. The sun was shining brightly and those beautiful mountains to the north were simply fabulous. Now, why couldn't this type of snow make its appearance during the Olympics when it counted eh? Well, you know how the snow gods work. They do what they want and when they want. Our job of course is simply to appreciate their work when they feel like performing. And, perform they did indeed yesterday.

.




The other thing that I wanted to show you was my new boots. These are ' Billy's Boots ' if you may recall, named in honor of Bill one of our courier comrades who recently passed away. Now, these are high quality work boots let me tell you. I mean, steel toes and the whole nine yards. You feel like a real worker when you are wearing a piece of rubber like these babies. ..


And, finally friends here is a picture of an ' XLERATOR ' dryer. You may recall that I did a post sometime back on these high quality dryers. I stumbled upon one at an ICBC office during my travels last year. ICBC is our public automobile insurance company here in British Columbia. The gist of my post was that the reason why public auto insurance is better that private insurance is because these institutions know how to treat their customers. They respect them and this treatment of their clientele shows up in the type of dryer that they use in their washrooms. Now, I was also critical of the McDonald's Corporation by not getting with it and using these types of dryers in their, sometimes, mediocre bathroom facilities. Well, I am happy to report that McDonald's now has one of these dryers in one of their stores. Perhaps they read my post and followed my advice on how to treat their customers. Friends, rest assured that McDonald's is not going to be outclassed when it comes to taking care of their customers. Below is a picture of an XLERATOR dryer in an actual McDonald's restaurant. Well done McDonald's and keep up the good work and may you find time to install one of these babies in all of your stores here in the Lower Mainland Region.




Talk to you guys later and see you at the track tomorrow if you are coming. .....

P.S.
.
Lastly, here is a really fine article explaining why it is not much fun being an American nowadays. The following piece was written by an American for Americans:
.
.
.
.
.