Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toilet paper anybody?



.


Good Morning Friends,
.
.
.
today is Thursday April 15, 2010
. It wasn't much of a day at work yesterday, but it was good to be back on the case, none the less. The weather was pleasant enough and I would categorize it as a warmish and sunny kind of day. Most of the customers that I talked to were positive on the weather, so that was the good part of the day. There were the usual traffic accidents that take place on a sunny day due to speeding and that kind of thing. I really do think that there are more accidents on sunny days and I think the statistics will back me up on this one. If you have some conflicting evidence then feel free to bring that forward for discussion.
.And, just what do you think of that most recent earthquake in China? It was just below 7 on the Richter scale if I recall and a few hundred deaths were noted as well. Like I said earlier, I am suspicious about all of these high reading quakes and associated deaths. Why so many all of a sudden and why such high readings? Well, you decide what is going on, I just think it looks unusual that is all. My stocks: My Stock Portfolio: March 2010 seem to be up across the board so that is the other positive thing to report. Who knows how long that is going to last under current conditions. The Canadian dollar moved higher against the U.S. and is now more valuable - for the time being. Well, I don't think we should be giving out any awards for this feat since the U.S. dollar is so weak anyhow. I mean, let's get serious here. Fiat currency is just paper and the only value that it has is the value that you or I attach to it. Some liken the U.S. dollar to toilet paper anyway. The more of them you have the less valuable they become. It really amazes me how so many people still believe in this so-called Reserve currency of the world. Remember, the only thing propping this thing up right now are the wars and the rhetoric coming out of the mouths of politicians and the central bankers. Put your trust in them if you like. I don't trust these characters at all.
.And, how about this nuclear conference eh? There is Barack Obama hoping that everybody in the world will sign on and limit the amount of nuclear weapons that they have. And, where is Israel in all of this? Why the leader of the country couldn't even bother to attend, nor will the country sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty. So, just how much good faith should we be attaching to a nation like Israel? This is the country that wants to deny Iran a bomb to protect itself; a country that has attacked no one and has no intention of doing so. Don't do as I do, do as I say, that is the motto of Israel. Pretty sad eh? And, how about all of those U.S. senators: see related article here who signed on the idea that the U.S. ( Barack Obama ) is being over-critical of Israel and its settlement building? Just what runs through your mind when you read stuff like that? Friends, a tiny little country like Israel is telling U.S. politicians how to think and act. Now, that is the power of money friends, so don't ever kid yourself. In the minds of these U.S. politicians there is still some value in this U.S. buck. Sad isn't it? That these politicians prefer toilet paper to common sense and decency, that is.
.
Video added on July 8, 2010




.
Indonesian Earthquake: added on June 16, 2010
.
Related article on earthquakes. Added on May 17, 2010:
.
.
.

..