Saturday, April 3, 2010

Are you really that special?

.
.


.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Saturday April 3, 2010

.

The weather is really crappy right now friends. But, maybe the fact that this is a racing day will turn things around for us, if you know what I mean. Had a little bit of excitement in my life yesterday. Helped out a friend pull a motor out of a car in an automobile grave yard yesterday. Yeah, the bone yard was way out in Chilliwack and the place was called " Pick a Part ". Nice name eh? Very original I thought. But, I bet there are other joints like this in North America too, and most likely with the same name. The whole thing reminds me of how the system really works friends. We live in markets, individual markets across the country and the continent. And, we think we are special, but sometimes we find out that we are not so special. So, what the hell I am I talking about you might enquire? Well, I am using the " Pick a Part " name as just one example of what might be occurring all over the continent. Now, there are laws of course regarding names like this so maybe there is just one junk yard with a name like this - and then again - maybe there really are more than one. How do we know unless we do some investigating on the matter. I mean, maybe this is even a " franchise name ". or if it is a registered name you are not likely to see any copycats. But, think of other examples if you might. Think of your favourite radio station and the cool themes and names that they use, like " traffic and weather together " and that kind of thing. Do you think that is unique to your market place? I doubt that very much indeed. Somebody came up with this phrase and I bet you a lot of dough this is definitely something that you are going to find in other markets as well. The point dear friends is that you might not be so special after all. Other markets might just be as special as you are. That is the power of marketing of course. And, anyway, how would you know what is happening in other radio markets, for example if you are not listening to them? But, it is the same thing with retail outlets as well. They might have some original saying or marketing gimmick which you are supposed to think is unique to your market. But, if these same stores are operating in other markets there is a good chance that they are going to be using the same tactics in other markets as well. The point is friends that you might not be that special after all so just keep that in mind when some retailer is trying to woo you in some special way. It is OK to get sucked in, but just keep in mind that I bet they say that to all of their customers. And, they most likely do.

.Anyhow, what a digression eh? There is only one thing on my mind this morning friends. And, that is the race track. I have mostly got all of my handicapping done since I picked up my racing form on Thursday. Now, that is really handy let me tell you. Doing my homework early means that when I get to the track I can relax and do more socializing should the opportunity present itself. So, you can see that it pays to do your work early so that you can free yourself up for some potentially more entertaining and informative activities. That is what preparation is all about friends. Freedom to operate in a more effective manner. Anyhow, racing starts at 1600 hrs local time if you are interested. A message to my friends, relatives, and acquaintances: Don't be afraid to contact me if you want to go and need a ride. I am as close as your telephone. Talk to you all later and have a nice day.

.