Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What would Linda do?


.


.

Linda

.

The 1967 Year Book .
.

.

Good Morning Friends

.
.

today is Tuesday April 6, 2010

.
.
Another day and another Linda to highlight on my blog. Well, yes indeed, Linda looks to be a pretty common name as far as I can tell. And, I know that there will be more of them coming and making an appearance on my blog. So, just what would this Linda do in the face of all of this competition regarding her name? Well, probably not much as you might expect. Most likely she would just grin and bear it because there is simply not much else for her to do. That is just the way things are.

.And, speaking of the way things are, one of my associates passed on just recently. His name was " Bill " and he was a good man and another courier like myself. That's right, he did the same job as me and held the same kinds of concerns that other couriers have. He was one of us. I got the phone calls right away from a couple of other former and present work mates of Bill. That is how the news spread when you are dealing with a fallen comrade. We all liked Bill and he was a great guy. Nobody knows yet how he died, but it could have been something like a heart attack. That was my first impression without knowing any further details on the matter. Bill was about 65 or so and he wanted to work part time just like myself. Unfortunately, Bill was still working full time when he died. That is what he kept talking about when we were together. He was tired of the business and all the hassle. He wanted to slow down just like me and enjoy the rest of his life. May Bill rest in peace now that this part of his life has now come to an end. Nobody I know had anything bad to say about Bill.

.I went shopping right after I heard about Bill's death. I decided that I needed some new shoes so I went to one of our local malls to check things out. While I was there another comrade phoned me to let me know about Bill's death. Strange as this may seem this comrade was in the same store at the very same time as myself. He was with his family on his day off. We made a meet and he helped me pick out my new shoes. I was having trouble deciding what to buy anyway so I appreciated this much needed support in this matter. I got a nice pair of black shoes that I can use for work and play. The price was a little more than I usually pay for shoes, but they had some discounts and the final price was not that bad after all was said and done. I am thinking of going back to the same store this morning and buy another set of boots for work and play as well. I was thinking of something sturdy and waterproof, something really good for work. Something that looks like a hiking boot. I might even buy a new pair of work pants too since my current ones seem to be on their last legs. So, that is the potential plan for my day right now.

.It was fairly pleasant driving about yesterday as well. There was a hint of sun, but it was still mostly cloudy and cool. There looks like a lot of fresh snow in the mountains. Good for the skiers I guess. Too bad that I am not a skier. Actually, I am not much into sports at all if you want the truth of the matter. Just horse racing, harness racing that is all. That is what I consider to be my main sports activity. Does that count? Well, I think it does even if you do not. Here is a great little article that I just finished reading. I think it might be written by an Israeli, but I am not sure about that. It is a terrific and common sense article. It is kind of how I think. Iran should have the bomb for its own protection and Israel should make a deal with its neighbours. That is how simple things can be if you want them to be, in my opinion of course. Article here:

“HOLD ME back!” is a part of Israeli folklore. It reminds us of our childhood.

.

Talk to you all later and have a nice day!

.